Terms and Conditions
- While all care is taken, Melbourne Bus and Coach shall not be held responsible to any individual, entity, organisation or group of any kind for any injury, loss or damage to any persons or property incurred and are absolved from all liability.
- By engaging the services of Melbourne Bus and Coach (“the Agent”) you (“the Charterer”) irrevocably appoint the Agent as the Charterer’s agent to enter into all necessary agreements and engage all necessary services with and from the vehicle operator (“the Carrier”) in respect of the particular service required by the Charterer.
- The Operator in command of the vehicle shall be the final arbiter as whether or not all or part of any journey shall proceed, and in what manner and destination, having regard to the prevailing operational circumstances.
- Melbourne Bus and Coach reserves the right to refuse access to the vehicle by persons in accordance with various laws within Australia.
- Melbourne Bus and Coach reserves the right to change and substitute vehicle type and registration. All Melbourne Bus and Coach charters are subject to availability at the time of the journey.
- The Charterer acknowledges that the Agent is not an agent for the Carrier.
- To the extent permitted by law, and while all care is taken:
(a) The Agent is not liable for death of or injury to any person, for loss of or damage to baggage or goods, for delay, or for consequential or other loss of any kind, arising directly or indirectly from negligence or omission or some other cause in connection with provision or non-provision of any transport or service arising out of the Charterer’s engagement of the Agent; and
(b) The Agent is not liable for any inaccuracy in any information concerning the transport, services or their pricing in respect of which the Charterer has engaged the Agent.
- By engaging the Agent the Charterer agrees to indemnify the Agent against any and all claims, demands, suits, actions, awards, judgements, damages and loss which may arise out of any transport or service provided by any Carrier, to the extent that they are not caused by the negligence of the Agent.
- By engaging the Agent the Charterer agrees that these terms and conditions form part of any agreement, contract or arrangement between the Charterer and the Agent in respect of the services for which the Agent was so engaged.
- Melbourne Bus and Coach reserves the right to vary or change without prior notice, the intended route and timetable.
- Melbourne Bus and Coach reserves the right to sub-contract another licensed operator, cross hire, vehicle, operator(s) or other staff and/or operator staff without prior notice.
- Charters are confirmed only when Melbourne Bus and Coach has emailed a confirmation to the relevant individual(s) stating the details of the booking. All charters will be performed by an operator holding a valid Operators Certificate issued by the relevant body within that state or territory.
- Baggage items shall be limited to that defined in this document. Any variation from this, in number or mass, shall be carried only at the discretion of the operator.
- In the event of vehicle or operator unavailability at any time, for any reason, we will make every effort to provide a replacement, but cannot guarantee we will be successful. Substitute vehicles may not be of the class or type specified in the Itinerary and may incur additional cost. We will not be responsible for passenger expenses of any kind at any time.
- Additional costs incurred due to weather, traffic delays and any other delays: Quotes are based on the premise that the journey will proceed normally, without undue delays beyond our control. Sometimes weather or traffic issues can cause delays incurring significant extra time and cost. We cannot incorporate these into our quotes, we will advise you of the possibility of these as soon as we become aware of them. Extra time caused by these factors includes traffic issues (be it any issue while driving) or weather, and diversion to other areas if anything precludes a safe arrival at the destination (including our pick-up, drop-off and route term). The decision whether or not to divert, or to abandon the journey, is at the sole discretion of the Operator(s), or the Operator(s) judgment with regard to weather conditions. This extra time is not allowed for in our quotes, and is payable by the Charterer at the appropriate rate for the vehicle type.
- It is the Charterer’s responsibility to ensure that all passengers have the necessary visas and passports, and comply with applicable airport security, health, import, customs and excise requirements for any flight.
- Melbourne Bus and Coach reserves the right to postpone, cancel or redirect the journey due to war, warlike events, strikes, civil war, civil unrest, riots, sabotage, quarantine, hijacking, terrorist actions, weather conditions or other force majeure of the nature, technical reason, detention or similar measures, accidents with the vehicle, or due to any other factors over which Melbourne Bus and Coach has no control, or when the safety of the passengers or the operator from the vehicle can reasonably be assessed to be in danger, at the discretion of the Operator(s) or of Melbourne Bus and Coach personnel.